- This event has passed.
DH Village planning – looking forward meeting
May 23, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Andrea Wild, Joan Blatchford and Miranda Charles from the Council have agreed to a meeting on Wednesday 23 May at 11am (in the Green Room) to discuss those Village Planning subjects that were not covered in the earlier debrief. These focus on how the Concept Plan and Action Plan are going to be implemented.
Is this a one-off (SPRIG based) exercise or is the Village Plan a living document to be extended/updated by the community to include the Area (original termed something like Southern Bays Master Plan).
Discussion topics will include:
- Who are the Council go-to persons for Plan related matters in the future (Community Board / Joan Blatchford?)
- Has the Council developed guidelines about community led policy development and consultation processes?
- Is the partnership limited to policy/planning or does it extend to implementation?
- Where individual projects fall into the responsibility of CCC, how will Council allocate those projects?
- How effective is it to have community doing work on Council land (the Godley House tracks experience)?
- Do CCC staff know about the Plan and will they take the Plan into account when planning asset maintenance/investment or plan changes (district plan, UDS etc) in the Area?
- How will the community leverage its priorities with the Council (e.g. Godley House site restoration)?
Everyone in the community interested in this are welcome. So send on this email to anyone.