The key changes in the final draft of the Concept Plan include:
- Village Centre traffic flow a version of the draft Option 2 – two-way road through to Godley House rear carpark
- This road extended to the cemetery. The road between the Cemetery and the Domain closed for vehicles due to its steepness (hence no circular traffic flow).
- Paved crossing areas opposite Preserved, and at the junction of Waipapa and the Community Hall road.
- Road to Godley House parking paved opposite the cafes to slow traffic.
- Community Garden and potential native plant nursery to the west of the Medical Centre.
- Footpath network marked as asphalt, crusher dust or unformed surface. You may have comments as to whether these standards are right in each case.
- Footpath from the wharf to the Diamond Harbour beach, linking to the path to the shops reducing pedestrian traffic on the wharf road.
The Concept Plan is conceptual and not a fixed blueprint. It will be used to ask for works to be incorporated into the next Council five-year plan. Any works chosen for implementation will then have to be included in a Council annual plan, the community consulted and necessary consents obtained.
The Community Association will be presenting the Concept Plan to the Community Board on 22 May. We are looking for your feedback now, to assist with final revisions. Please add your comments below on the draft concept plan by 1 May. We will send all these comments to the CCC planners on 5 May once we have compiled them.